13 December, 2007

I might be going crazy

This is getting more annoying by the fracking minute!!!!!!!!

I need a search with cascading combo boxes. That is, when the search panel is displayed, combobox1 is populated, and combobox2 is empty. When the user selects a value from combobox1, it then populates combobox2 with values based on combobox1. Simple enough right? I get that population of the boxes down pat, no problems there. Doing through Callback and everything so the page doesn't have to refresh or anything like that.

Here is my problem. I need the results to display in the ESRI.ArcGIS.ADF.Web.UI.WebControls.TaskResults results panel - we'll call it TaskResults1 (because that is what it is called when the site is created through the ESRI ArcIMS manager). I have tried just putting the code in there, but to no avail. I have tried creating a QueryAttributesTask and defaulting the values to what I need, and executing the task. Still no dice.

The values get put into the TaskResults1 results, but they just don't display. I can't figure why they don't display. I know they are there because after I perform the query, if I do a canned search, or use the MapIdentify feature (both of which add data to the TaskResults1 container), the results display with the new data.

I have tried finding help on the ESRI forums, but that is slow and I'm on a deadline.

I'll keep trying different wild and crazy stuff to see if I can figure it out.

Hmmmm....I wonder if I can refresh the TaskResults1 container from client side java?

No comments: