19 March, 2008

BlogMyCode VS2005 plugin

I have been using Windows Live Writer for quite a while now. I like it. It contains all the info for my different blogs. It is a desktop app. Makes it easy to start a post, save it as a draft, and continue it on later and when you actually get around to posting, it uses current date/time stamp. I know blogger for instance, will post a draft with the date/time stamp of when you started it, now when you finish it.

What I have not been doing is using WLW to its full extent, or even, it seems, a portion of that extent. As I was finally getting it setup on my work computer (I had to bypass the lockout for Windows Update to do it - don't tell the IS folks, ok?). As I was searching for plugins for WLW, I can across a plugin for Visual Studio 2005 which, I have to tell you, Is freaking awesome!

BlogMyCode is Microsoft Visual Studio 2005 plugin, that helps you to blog formatted source code, by using Windows Live Writer.

BlogMyCode adds a "Blog This" element to your context menu in VS2005. Highlight some code, right-click, select "Blog This" and in just a few steps, you get this:

public ParcelIdentify(Map map, string filePath)


{


    m_map = map;


    m_filePath = filePath;


    SetupIdentify();


 


}



The drawback I have found so far (and it is probably a setting somewhere in WLW) is that when I do the "Blog This", it opens a new instance of WLW and starts a new post.



You can get the BlogMyCode VS2005 plugin here.

No comments: