17 March, 2011

CSS funkiness with Firefox

Normally, I check page layout and styles in IE and in Firefox. These two, I've found, have pretty much been good. If it works in those, it works usually in Chrome and Opera as well. I never check Safari, frankly that browser just slows down my system. My advice to folks using Safari is pretty much "use something else".

Anyway, I was fitting a checkbox today, and cursed a little under my breath when it didn't show up properly positioned in IE9. It's possible that if I'd been using IE8 or even IE7, I might not have found this, since those pretty much handle CSS in the same manner as Firefox. To be honest, I was ready for this to be IE9's fault, so I fired up Chrome and Opera to verify my assumptions. You could have knocked me over with a feather when the page rendered in Chrome and Opera just the same as it did in IE9. It was Firefox that was the problem.

Now, I'm used to making exceptions for IE, so I had to do a bit of research on how to do it with Firefox, and this is what I found:

<style type="text/css">
.complete-checkbox
{
position:relative;
top:23px;
display:block;
float:right;
color:white;
font-weight:bold;
}

@-moz-document url-prefix() {
.complete-checkbox-ff
{
position:relative;
top:0px;
display:block;
float:right;
color:white;
font-weight:bold;
}
}
</style>



Essentially, I added a second class specifically for Firefox and used those properties only if the browser is Mozilla.

4 comments:

Punny_Punny said...

Hi,
I'm new in C# and new in GIS programing , I know this is not the topic of this post , but i need your help.
I;m using MapWinGis , i want to print a map from the report viewer ,I can take a snapshot of the map but the problem that i don't know how to pass the image to the report.

Thanks & best regards
Raghda Morsy

Unknown said...

Sorry Ragdha, but I've never used MapWinGIS so I wouldn't know where to begin helping with something like that.

Hope you find your answers though!!

Punny_Punny said...

Thanks for your reply.

Punny_Punny said...

Thanks I have found my solution on this link
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/36693/how-can-i-render-a-png-image-as-a-memory-stream-onto-a-net-reportviewer-report